The Chart of the Day is Kroger (KR). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for new high frequency in the last month, skipped any stocks that didn't have a positive gain for the last week and month. I then used the Flipcahrt feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/19 the stock gained 12.59%.
KR is one of the larger grocery retailers in the United States. The company also manufactures and processes food for sale by its supermarkets. The company intends to develop new food and convenience store locations and will continue to assess existing stores as to possible replacement, remodeling, enlarging, or closing.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 64% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 17.74% in the last month
- Relative Strength index 78.96%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 41.78
- Recently traded at 43.27 with a 50 day moving average of 38.45
- Market Cap $22.48 billion
- P/E 14.47
- Dividend yield 1.56%
- Revenue predicted to grow 1.60% this year and another 7.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 6.10% this year, an additional 12.20% next year and continue to increase by 7.90% annually for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 3 buy, 7 hold and 3 under perform recommendations on the stock
- Financial Strength is B++