The Chart of the Day is Atmos Energy (ATO). There is not a lot to be happy about today. Only 4 stocks on the All Time High list had a Barchart technical indicator score of 100%. I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for the best technical indicators then used the Flipchart function to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/17 the stock gained 4.38%.
ATO distributes and sells natural gas to residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural and other customers. They operate through five divisions in cities, towns and communities in service areas located in Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. The Company has entered into an agreement to sell all of its natural gas utility operations in South Carolina. They also transport natural gas for others through its distribution system.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 7.65% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.58%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 47.39
- Recently traded at 48.88 with a 50 day moving average of 46.38
- Market Cap $4.45 billion
- P/E 17.97
- Dividend yield 3.08%
- Revenue expected to grow 8.50% this year and another 10.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 9.10% this year, an additional 6.50% next year and continue to increase by 6.90% annually for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 1 buy and 5 hold recommendations on this stock