The Chart of the Day belongs to Whiting Petroleum (WLL). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for the highest technical buy signals then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/25 the stock gained 1.91%.
Whiting Petroleum is an independent oil and gas company that acquires, exploits, develops and explores for crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids primarily in the Permian Basin, Rocky Mountains, Mid-Continent, Gulf Coast and Michigan regions of the United States.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 5 new highs and up 5.45% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.86%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 89.35
- Recently traded at 92.66 with a 50 day moving average of 85.11
- Market Cap $11.02 billion
- P/E 19.58
- Revenue expected to grow 19.90% this year and another 55.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 26.50% this year, an additional 15.60% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 16.26% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 13 strong buy, 14 buy and 5 hold recommendations on the stock.