The Chart of the Day belongs to Weyerhaeuser (WY). I found the stock by sorting the New High List of the best technical buy signals, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/14 the stock gained 2.87%.
WY is principally engaged in the growing and harvesting of timber and the manufacture, distribution and sale of forest products, real estate development and construction, and other real estate related activities. Its business segments are timber lands, wood products,pulp, paper and packaging; plus real estate and related assets.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 7 new highs and up 4.67% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.12%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 33.64
- Recently traded at 34.10 with a 50 day moving average of 32.16
- Market Cap $19.96 billion
- P/E 27.85
- Dividend yield 2.63%
- Revenue expected to decline 6.10% this year but grow again by 5.40% next year
- Earning estimated to increase bu 17.50% this year, an additional 24.60% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 5.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy, 2 buy, 3 hold and 2 under perform recommendations on the stock